Rasgo is re-imagining how data scientists engineer, collaborate and operationalize Machine Learning features. Rasgo amplifies the impact of data science by enabling end-users to explore, clean, join, and transform data into highly curated ML features without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. Rasgo is unique because it enables users to create valuable and trusted insights from data without ever leaving the data warehouse.
Rasgo has raised over $25M in venture funding through its Series A, led by Insight Partners with continued support from Unusual Ventures. We have global enterprise production customers across Finance, Manufacturing, Biotech, Retail, and Alternative Energy.
Rasgo is fully remote, with employees located across the US including New York, North Carolina, and California. We have grown a world-class team with alumni from Confluent, DataRobot, and Domino Data Lab. Our company was founded on these main core values:
- Humility: No brilliant jerks, we recognize we don’t know everything
- Iteration/Dice Roll: Before making big decisions, we test our hypothesis in <5 days
- Transparency: We disperse all information to our team so we can make informed decisions
- Extreme Ownership: We know our domain, own our deliverables, and work together
Rasgo is looking for a Customer Facing Data Scientist. This is a critical role in making our customers successful. An ideal candidate should have strong fundamentals of applied data science in a business setting and should enjoy communicating and evangelizing data science solutions to business stakeholders.
On a day-to-day basis, you will work side-by-side with the Sales, Account Management, and Field Engineering teams to help our customers achieve their goals with Rasgo. Internally, you will act as the voice of the customer to the Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
- Representing Rasgo’s product from a technical standpoint to customers - including demonstrations, conducting proof-of-concept trials, helping clients evaluate success criteria, and training users
- Providing the customer’s point of view to Rasgo’s Product team, informing the direction of future product feature development
- Data Science
- Enabling customers to solve complex data science problems using Rasgo: Including problem framing, data preparation, model building, model deployment, model management, and output consumption. In some cases, executing data science workflows for customers
- Providing data science knowledge and expertise as a trusted advisor to the client
- Project management
- Conducting and managing data science projects with customer’s vision of success in mind
- Collaborating with Sales, Field Engineers, and the rest of the team to identify the best possible resources to move forward customer’s projects
- Building a long-term trusted relationship with the customer so that the customers can be led towards success
- Understanding and empathizing with customers’ pain points of building AI solutions
- Qualifying opportunities where Rasgo can be a suitable fit and thus making Rasgo more efficient
- Presenting Rasgo in industry conferences as well as creating powerful technical content for marketing purposes
- 4+ years of real-world business experience in a data science role
- Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms
- Strong customer interaction experience
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of datasets
- Fluency with scripting (Python / R)
- Going onsite to customer locations.