There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Our Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Principal Data Platform Architect focused in Data Science to join our Field CTO Office who can provide leadership in working with both technical and business executives in the design and architecture of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform as a critical component of their enterprise data architecture and overall ecosystem.
In this role you will work with sales teams, product management, and technology partners to leverage best practices and reference architectures highlighting Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform as a core technology enabling platform for the emerging Data Science workload throughout an organization.
As a Principal Data Platform Architect focused in Data Science, you must share our passion and vision in helping our customers and partners drive faster time to insight through Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
- Apply your data science architecture expertise while presenting Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at strategic prospects, customers, and partners
- Work with our product management, partners, and sales teams in order to drive innovation in our Cloud Data Platform
- Partner with sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate and accelerate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based enterprise architecture deliverables and working sessions to ensure customers are set up for success operationally, and support strategic enterprise pilots / proof-of-concepts
- Collaborate closely with our Product team to effectively influence the Cloud Data Platform product roadmaps based on field team and customer feedback
- Partner with Product Marketing teams to spread awareness and support pipeline building via customer roundtables, conferences, events, blogs, webinars, and whitepapers
- Contribute to the creation of reference architectures, blueprints, best practices, etc. based on field experience to continue to up-level and enable our internal stakeholders
- 10+ years of architecture experience within the Enterprise Data space
- Deep Technical Hands on Expertise within Data Science tools and ecosystem
- 2+ years of Cloud Provider machine learning experience
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Broad range of experience with on-prem or cloud Data Warehouse technology, ETL pipelines and analytics
- Industry Focus a plus (Education, Federal, Financial Services, Healthcare & Lifesciences, Insurance, Adv. Media, Retail CPG, Technology and Telecom)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred.